A lot of people use the terms deck and patio interchangeably but there are some key differences between these two types of structure that the patio builders in Miami you hire need to know. A patio is an outdoor space placed directly on the ground that may be connected to the home directly or built separately. Typically patios have bases made out of stone, concrete or brick. Patios are an affordable way to increase your house’s square footage and a great places for family gatherings, grilling out or just enjoying the sun and stars.
Costs of Building a Patio
Cost is another area where patios differ significantly from decks. Patio’s are typically less expensive than decks and can cost up to a third less. On average a deck will cost $33 per square foot while a patio might cost as low as $15 per square foot. So, in general it’s safe to say that if you’re budget minded in your project, a patio might be your best option. However, there are some things that will affect the price. These include:
- Materials used
- Location of the addition
- Size of the addition
- Features, such as a built in barbecue, railings, seating, etc.
- After contacting our office typically set up a time to meet and discuss your project at the project location.
- During our appointment we discuss your options as far as the materials to be used, as well as budget and design considerations.
- A proposal is prepared which includes pricing and estimated start and end dates. Typically, we will also prepare digital renderings at this stage.
- If and when you decide to move forward with the project, we ask that you sign the proposal and email or mail it to us along with any retainer deposit listed in your payment schedule section of your invoice.
- At this point, we will add your project to our schedule! Note that all dates are subject to change if approvals from zoning or building departments are delayed or weather delays the project. Any delays in the start date will be communicated to you if they arise.
- When applicable, plans will be drawn up using a computer program for homeowner to see the construction details prior to submitting plans to the building department. As the homeowner, you are responsible for homeowner’s association approval.
- If applicable all permits and approvals through the zoning and building department will be completed by us, unless otherwise stated in the original proposal.
- The project begins! Homeowners are urged to keep back doors locked at all times during the building process to ensure safety of children and pets in the home while the work is being undertaken.
- During the building phase you are encouraged to ask questions or address any concerns as they may arise regarding the project progressed. The crew foreman or project managers are more than happy to assist with these.
- Upon completion of the project there will be a final walk through completed with you and an employee of Miami Deck Builders to ensure that you review and sign off on the completed work. At this time all remaining balances will need be collected. You may give the project Foreman a check or request that we send you and online Invoice so you can pay online for your convenience.