Deck additions are one of the most rewarding ways to improve your home. It’s also an excellent way to increase your home’s value as homeowners typically see large return on their construction investments. But beyond these practical considerations, building a deck for home will bring you years of cherished moments spent outside, enjoying the warm weather. Finding and choosing the right Deck Building Contractors is absolutely critical.
Wood decking continues, by far to be the most popular type of material used in deck building. Some of the wood decking options are, Pressure Treated pine decking, Ipe. decking, and western red cedar decking, to name a few.
A lot of things like cost, maintenance requirements and esthetic taste factor into the decision of which material to be used. Here at Miami Deck Builders, we work closely with you, guiding you through the decision-making process and providing all the information you will need to make an informed decision.
Types of Decks We Build
- Patio Decks
- Composite Decks
- Wood Decks
- Pressure Treated Decks
- Cedar Decks
- Wrap Around Decks
- Multilevel Decks
- Floating Decks
- Pool Decks
Our Deck Building Materials
- Tropical Hardwoods
- Composite Decks
- VC Coated Composites
- Cedar & Redwood Decks
Our Process as Deck Building Contractors
- After contacting our office typically set up a time to meet and discuss your project at the project location.
- During our appointment we discuss your options as far as the deck materials to be used, as well as budget and design considerations.
- A proposal is prepared which includes pricing and estimated start and end dates. Typically, we will also prepare digital renderings at this stage.
- If and when you decide to move forward with the project, we ask that you sign the proposal and email or mail it to us along with any retainer deposit listed in your payment schedule section of your invoice.
- At this point, we will add your project to our schedule! Note that all dates are subject to change if approvals from zoning or building departments are delayed or weather delays the project. Any delays in the start date will be communicated to you if they arise.
- When applicable, plans will be drawn up using a computer program for homeowner to see the construction details prior to submitting plans to the building department. As the homeowner, you are responsible for homeowner’s association approval.
- If applicable all permits and approvals through the zoning and building department will be completed by us, unless otherwise stated in the original proposal.
- The project begins! Homeowners are urged to keep back doors locked at all times during the building process to ensure safety of children and pets in the home while the work is being undertaken.
- Typically, two or three inspections are required throughout the building process which may cause the crew working on your deck to wait for a county inspector to come out and complete. This process is completely handled by us.
- During the building phase you are encouraged to ask questions or address any concerns as they may arise regarding the project progressed. The crew foreman or project managers are more than happy to assist with these.
- Upon completion of the project there will be a final walk through completed with you and an employee of Miami Deck Builders to ensure that you review and sign off on the completed work. Final walk through time is an excellent time to ask any questions regarding framing, decking, railing or items you have had installed and also is the time in which you should inspect the project for any irregularities or errors that exist. At this time all remaining balances will need be collected. You may give the project Foreman a check or request that we send you and online Invoice so you can pay online for your convenience.